Friday, December 1, 2017

Friday Cocktail - Frozen Apple - News, Quirks, Insights and Other Odds and Ends - November 2017


What. A. Week/Month.

Right now I am toasting not being Matt Lauer or any guy for that matter, who didn't get the memo that acting like you are on spring break in college is not acceptable in the workplace.  Just in case you thought these harassment issues were just among powerful public men, think again.  This podcast, Hollaback Girl, makes it abundantly clear that many, many more have no clue how their actions frighten and disgust women.

Some other odds and ends that caught my eye...

My son is obsessed with Stranger Things.  Apparently, he is not the only one.  Yay for a non-profit benefiting from the hoopla:  Star Tribune



If this desktop wallpaper does not make you smile, I can't help you.

Guess this is why BeyoncĂ© smashed a few windows.  When life gives an artist lemons, they make lemonade.

Thanks for the tears, Toyota.

I am the type who buys mascara at the drug store.  I can make eyeliner and blush last for years.  So, when an Ulta opened in my town, I didn't know what it was and upon finding out, I never thought it would last beyond six months.  I could not have been more wrong.  To millennial women, makeup is serious business.  

To Rahm Emanuel:  Please, please, PLEASE let Elon work his magic on an express train from Chicago to O'Hare.

My man is off the market.  Twitter always does a lovely job of capturing my feelings in 140 characters or less.

Nuke pills?  Really?  Yes, really.

Marriage.  Not easy.  Sage advice from ladies who know about the ups and downs.

Like quirky blogs and websites?  Like Netflix?  Like all of your content flowing at the same speed?  Then you should be freaking out about net neutrality laws getting scrapped.  Seriously, call your Reps and Senators...now.

Growing up in Chicago, I had no idea there was such a thing as pimento cheese and that football could be a religion.  Then I visited my brother in Atlanta, GA, where he had moved years ago and he took me to a party that opened my eyes to a way of living that was as foreign to me as a country I had never visited in my life.  I don't wax poetic about college football and I don't put pimento cheese on anything and everything but I can appreciate the south's deep love for both.  These recipes will make anyone a believer.

Oh, yes.  The Frozen Apple recipe.  Probably should throw that in this post.

Ingredients:
1 1/2 oz. vodka
1/4 oz. Calvados
1/2 oz. lime juice
1/4 cup diced fresh apple (I peeled mine)
1/4 cup finely crushed ice
1/2 tsp. sugar

Pop all of the ingredients into a blender and mix on low for about 15 seconds.  A deep champagne glass is best but as you can see from my picture, I didn't have one.  Tastes just as good in the glass above, just a little more difficult to drink out of the smaller rim.





No comments:

Post a Comment