Tuesday, December 12, 2017

White Chocolate Oatmeal Cherry Cookies - Crazy Monday


Monday mornings are never easy but it seemed like a cloud was hanging over this house yesterday.

One of the dogs had an accident, then my son fell halfway down the stairs before school and it sounded a little like this.  I ended up having to drive him to school and on the way back my allergies decided to take a hit out on me and I ended up looking like Rocky after taking on Apollo Creed...the first time.

To top it off, I rushed into my house racing for the computer for a call I had scheduled and tripped over a pair of shoes and went flying into a chair in the dining room, doing further damage to my already blown out eyes.  After binge watching The Crown, I realize everyone has their problems but I did feel a little more jinxed than normal for a Monday. 

Oh well.  At least I have cookies.  Life is good.



Recipe adapted from Ina Garten's Pecan Oatmeal Cookies from her Back to Basics book:

Ingredients:
1/2 pound (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
5 ounces cream cheese
1 cup dark brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
3 large eggs
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon found cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon cardamom
1 teaspoon Kosher salt
3 cups old-fashioned oats
1 1/2 cups dried cherries ( you can also use dried cranberries)
1 cup white chocolate chips

Preheat the oven to 350° F.

In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter, cream cheese and sugars on medium to high speed until light and fluffy, about 5-8 minutes.

Add the eggs and the vanilla and beat again until thoroughly incorporated, scraping down the bowl periodically with a rubber spatula to make sure the bits on the bottom and on the sides are included in the mix.

Add the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, cardamom and salt to the mixture and beat slowly until just mixed.  Add the oats, dried cherries and white chocolate chips and mix until just incorporated.

Put tablespoon sized scoops of dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.  I was able to fit 12 on my sheet pan.  Bake for 12-14 minutes or until the edges are slightly browned.

Cool on a wire rack and store in an air tight container for 1-2 weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment