Thursday, November 30, 2017

Spiced Molasses Cookies - Christmas Cookie Countdown


It's that time of year.  How many cookie posts can I do before Santa hits our house?  My goal is 24 but I realize that is ambitious.  I am also aware that Friday is December 1st, not today, but I had to leave Friday for the cocktails.  Maybe next week I will be really wild and crazy and do a cocktail and cookie post.  I don't know if I am that adventurous.  You will just have to tune in to find out.😉




So, kicking off with a spiced molasses cookie recipe that I adapted from Bon Appétit that you can find here. This cookie is melt in your mouth chewy with a ton of spice taste.  At first I thought it was a little too much on the cloves and pepper but after letting them sit for a couple days, the spice notes dropped off from when they were straight out of the oven.  No way I would put pepper on top of the cookie as the recipe suggests.  Too far.  That's just me.  If you are a pepper type of person, go nuts.

Recipe notes:  I swiped out the regular pepper with white pepper and left out their suggestion for a frosting embellishment on the finished product.  I also covered the cookies in cane sugar after they were rolled and before I put them on the baking sheet to go into the oven, hence those white speckles you see in the pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment