Friday, November 17, 2017

Friday Cocktail - Grand Galliano


I love our little Oak Park bookstore, The Book Table.  I can spend all day in that place and never get board, much to my son's exasperation.  "Mom, will we ever be leaving this place?"  As if I took him to jail and lost the key.  Oh, what a difficult life he leads.  Pain au Chocolat at Léa and then the bookstore.  To me, that is the perfect day.  To him, the first part is awesome and the second is torture.



One of the little gems I picked up was Holiday Cocktails by Nick Mautone.  If you are looking for a stocking stuffer for your friend who likes to nerd out on cocktails, this book might be for them.

The first drink I made was the Grand Galliano.  Kind of like a white Russian but with more of a creamsicle taste.  This one is easy to slurp down in two minutes, so be careful, it can also be lethal.

Recipe from Holiday Cocktails, by Nick Mautone

Ingredients:

2 ounces galliano
2 ounces grand marnier
2 ounces heavy cream
orange twist for garnish

Pour all ingredients into a cocktail shaker with ice and shake vigorously until your arms hurt.  Nick says to shake until the outside of the shaker is beaded with sweat and frosty.  My arms were exhausted way before that milestone and the cocktail was still delicious.

Garnish with the orange twist.


No comments:

Post a Comment