Friday, June 14, 2013

Friday Cocktail - Sidecar, Mirror Images and Father's Day

Sidecar
First, Happy Father's Day to my Dad and my Grandfather.  Below are two generations of Dad's and one up and comer.  My little guy and I are fortunate to have my Dad who has boundless energy and will practice baseball whenever the mood strikes, is a master of water fun at the pool, is the MacGyver of making up games from scratch, will take a kid sledding until frostbite sets in and has an infectious laugh that reaches highest pitch when watching the late/great George Carlin.  He's a tough act to follow and that makes me one lucky daughter.    

As for the cocktail, I am having a Sidecar.  This is a pre-prohibition, Gatsby era drink that thankfully survived the cocktail brain drain the Eighteenth Amendment invited.  Gold in color with a balance of sweet and sour makes it perfect to celebrate the beginning of the weekend. 
My Grandfather
My Son
\
My Dad and My Grandfather





Sidecar
Yield: 1 Cocktail

Ingredients:
3//4 ounce Cointreau
3/4 ounce fresh squeezed lemon juice
1 1/2 ounces Cognac
Sugar for glass rim of the cocktail glass

Method:
1. Rub a lemon around the rim of a martini glass and dip in sugar.  Place the glass in the freezer while you mix and shake.
2. Add Cointreau, lemon juice and Cognac to a cocktail shaker with lots of ice.  Shake like a champ.
3. Let the mixture sit for a few minutes in the shaker and then shake it again.
4. Strain into the chilled glass from the freezer with the sugar rim.
5. Sip. Smile.


No comments:

Post a Comment