Friday, June 21, 2013

Friday Cocktail - Dark and Stormy, Bermuda and Tennis

Dark and Stormy

I am not sure I could possibly be any happier to be home or that it is Friday.  Even though I returned from the land where "all the women are strong, all the men are good looking and all the kids are above average", says Garrison Keillor, coming back from any trip makes everything from the smell of my car to my beat up couch blissful.  That's the great thing about business travel; you appreciate home more when you return.

So, I am sure the nagging question you are asking right now is, "What's with the photo of the drink with the tennis racquet?"  Well, what seems like long ago, I took a little trip to Bermuda with my college tennis team.  If there is one thing that Bermuda is known for it would be the Dark and Stormy...that and their pink buses.  So, was I playing tennis or was I drinking Dark and Stormy's the whole time?  Um, both?  See, that is the advantage of playing Division III sports, you can have your spring training in Bermuda and drink your Dark and Stormy too.  Good times.

Dark and Stormy
Yield:  1 Cocktail

Ingredients:
2 ounces dark rum
3 ounces ginger beer
1/2 ounce fresh lime juice (I honestly don't remember lime juice in the Dark and Stormy's in Bermuda but a few recipes I looked at included it.  I liked the taste so the lime stays, at least in my recipe.)

Method:
Combine the rum, ginger beer and lime juice in a tall glass with plenty of ice cubes.  Give it a stir and drink several after playing a good game of tennis.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment