Saturday, May 8, 2010

Cake Pops



Have you ever heard of Bakerella? If not, scoot on over to her website stat! Thanks to this woman, I have been the hero of my son's daycare, my kid's friends, co-workers and my parents. Guess who else I am a big hero to with these fabulous treats? You guessed it, my own kid and that is the sweetest reward of all!

These can be a little time consuming up front but I made a lot of just the cake part of the cake pops, used the ones I needed and froze the rest. You can also refrigerate the chocolate so if you need these in a pinch, heat the chocolate, dip the frozen cake pops in from the freezer and voila, instant dessert/gift/little treat for a tired Mom.

Now, as I like to say, my skills as a baker are amateur at best and I am always trying to improve. Please do not judge me too harshly for not having the beautiful designs as the ultra-talented Bakerella. To say that I am short on time these days would be an understatement. So, I plan on attempting more elaborate cake pops at the end of the year when my half-marathons are over and I can relax and make Oscar and Big Bird's head just to bite it off! Until then, please do enjoy the simplified version in the picture. xoxo - AJ

No comments:

Post a Comment