Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Fettuccine Alfredo



This is not your typical Fettuccine Alfredo. I must confess that unlike every other red blooded human being on earth, I have never liked the typical Fettuccine that is served in restaurants. I always thought it was just a big pile of cream, butter and cheese that never really popped in my mouth. Anyone who knows me knows that my quest for “pop” is relentless and unforgiving. If I am going to ingest calories that will take away from the allotted amount of calories I allow myself on a daily basis, they sure as hell better be great calories. So with that, my modification includes taking the typical Fettuccine recipe and adding in cream cheese and sour cream. I know, totally weird but the taste is totally pop-worthy.

Warning: I ran out of Fettuccine noodles so I used the shells. Sorry but my life is crazy and sometimes I have to use substitutes…just use your imagination on this one.

Recipe:

1 pound fettuccine noodles or 1 pound shells
1 stick salted butter
1 cup heavy cream
2 cups grated parmesan
1/4 pecorino romano
1/4 cup cream cheese
1/4 cup sour cream

Cook noodles according to package directions in salted water.

Melt butter, cream, cream cheese and sour cream in large pan. Add salt and pepper to taste.

Add cooked pasta to cream mixture and stir to combine. Add in all of the shredded cheese and stir until melted and combined.

Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment