- Telemarketers suck and the silent feature on our cell phones are magic.
- Long lines at the store are never ok except if there is some trashy magazine on the rack that you would never buy but you can pick up to pass the time.
- Knowing that there is a special place in hell for people who prolong a conference call with way too many unnecessary questions.
- Those G.E. commercials are hilarious.
- Babies and puppies are still the cutest little creatures when they are not peeing on you or your carpet.
Get out your cast iron skillet and throw on two slices of bacon...or more if you want to be naughty. Also, take out that Kaiser role and toast it. Add some butter to both slices after you toast.
When the bacon is cooked to desired crispiness, take them out and put them on some paper towels. Without throwing out the grease, crack two eggs into the hot pan and throw on some salt and pepper.
Give it a minute or two and hit it with some Swiss cheese, or whatever cheese makes you happy. Let it cook for a minute or two and then put it under the broiler in your oven and let it cook for a few minutes until the cheese melts and the edges of the eggs are crispy brown. Take it back out of the oven, but the bacon on top and use a spatula to fold one side over the other like folding a piece of paper in half. Use the spatula to lift the folded egg onto the toasted and buttered kaiser role and top with the other half of the role. Use a large knife to cut the sandwich in half and enjoy while hot, with strong black coffee.
Variations: If you want to lighten this up, ask the butcher to thinly slice the cheese and use Canadian bacon instead of the real stuff. You can use thin sandwich bread and hold the butter after toasting. All of this will save you about 300 calories. You can also just use one egg and you can throw some spinach on before you put on the cheese to get a little fiber in the mix. Or you can take out the bread entirely and put salsa and black beans on top. The possibilities are endless.