Wednesday, January 20, 2016

News, Quirks, Insights, and Other Odds and Ends - January 2016

The Force is strong with this one.

Whenever I go overseas, inevitably someone will ask me where I am from, I will say Chicago and they will either say, Al Capone!" or "Michael Jordan!".  Al Capone is long gone but his legend refuses to die.  Good news for those curious people who want to see some of the gangster hangouts and speakeasies he frequented, Thrillist put together a map.  


So, this is how they celebrate Christmas in Japan.  Bring on the KFC and Strawberry Shortcake.

When it comes to jobs, culture matters.  This article was worth the read just for the priceless Dave Barry quote at the end.

For the unabashed liberal, you will love to watch Seinfeld and Obama get coffee and drive in circles.

What I would give to see this couple's closet.  Fashion power couple of the year.

The millennial generation is way left of center and has been forced into being more self-reliant than previous generations.  Interesting to see how this story unfolds.

No surprise that this funny girl is from Oak Park! 

Is there no man on earth who doesn't have a man crush on Chris Pratt?  Not after this pledge to only eat what he kills...kind of.

It's definitely soup seasons.  Tips on what soups to freeze and not to freeze.

I think Leonardo DiCaprio would make a great Putin.  I am also posting this because there is a clip of DiCaprio on "Ellen" talking about his various near death experiences.  The part when he talks about the Russian plane is so damn funny, I had tears in my eyes.    

No comments:

Post a Comment