Thursday, November 19, 2015

S'more Cake


The double digits are here.  My boy is turning 10 and I made him a huge marshmallow with a chocolate cake inside to celebrate.

I had no idea that having a kid would be the most rewarding and at the same time, the most difficult thing I have ever attempted.  I am still working on being a decent Mom since child rearing tends to be a moving target.  I figure something out and inevitably, the kid develops and I have to figure out a new set of issues.  Companies sometimes move around executives within their organizations to keep them sharp.  My kid does that very naturally and it does help me grow as a parent.

The years are short and the days are long.  It's a cliche because it's true.

The S'more cake came from Homemade Decadence, by Joy the Baker and the recipe can also be found here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment