Thursday, August 9, 2012

Winter Prep

Homemade Marshmallows
Hot Chocolate with Marshmallows

I have been through many hot summers in Chicago but this one definitely broke some records.  Last time it was this hot, I was pregnant with my son.  So, anytime I was parched and sweating while doing nothing but sitting still in the sun, all I could think was, "At least I am not pregnant."  

I made these marshmallows when the temps were way cooler.  I thought this would be a good time to post them as a reminder that we have a very short time left with this scorching heat.  The great thing about marshmallows though, is that they are good for S'mores and that can be done right now.  Caution on roasting homemade marshmallows, they will melt much quicker than the commercial variety.  Don't let them hang out in the fire without a close eye on them while you chit chat with your buddies.  You can find the recipe here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment