Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Tranquil Garden


This is my Mom's garden.  I never appreciated how beautiful it was until I had been out of the house for several years.  We moved to the neighborhood in 1987 and I hated my parents for moving me away from my friends as I was heading into Middle School.  The transition was very difficult.  As is the case with most young girl relationships, one week I had friends, the next week I was one level below pond scum.  Brutal.

The good news is that I survived, barely.  I now love this garden and appreciate it's beauty and tranquil nature.  My Mom is retired and spends more time in this garden than the insects.  My Mom used to tell me that beauty takes work.  She was referring to me but that attitude also applies to her garden.





No comments:

Post a Comment