Friday, November 6, 2009

Chi Town Cook in Atlanta












I am in Atlanta visiting my "little" brother and his lovely wife this weekend. They took the shorty and me to the Mellow Mushroom for pizza and apparently the "mellow mushroom" name has nothing to do with the edible mushrooms that were on our pizza. Frankly, when pizza tastes that amazing, I really don't care what they do with their free time. This pizza had a Parmesan crust that was buttery and salty with a hint of garlic. The pie had an oil and garlic base topped off with artichokes, portobello mushrooms, feta and provolone cheeses and steak. Wow, many pleasurable groans around the table.

As if the pizza was not enough, we then went back to my brother's place and celebrated my son's 4th birthday with sweet tea and Vodka and cupcakes. There were three delicious cupcake flavors chosen for the occasion that were all very little man friendly; peanut butter and jelly, cookies and cream and coconut. The cupcakes came from a little bakery in this Midtown section of Atlanta where my brother lives called Chocolate Pink. More deep groans.

So now I am going to sign off with a content and very full stomach.

Cheers from Hotlanta y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment