Thursday, August 12, 2010

Chocolate, Chocolate Chip Cookies




After two weeks of trying to keep my head above water at work, being a crazed loving Mom, getting my running in, all while trying to cover up stress blemishes and barely being awake enough to make myself presentable in the morning, I need these cookies, badly. It takes a lot of work to put on the, keeping all the balls in the air act. Therefore, there is not enough chocolate on this planet to sooth my worn out soul.

I am not complaining. I am medicating and I believe in chocolate and cocktails to do so and this cookie has a little bit of both. This is a cakey cookie that I hit with some Tia Maria coffee liqueur but you can obviously use whatever you have on hand. I also put in some strong coffee that I had left over from the morning and it really boosted the flavor. Excellent and may I add, moan inducing. xo - AJ

Recipe adapted from All Recipes
Note: Do not overbake! These cookies will not look completely done but take them out of the oven anyway and let them sit on the cookie sheet until they have cooled considerably.
Ingredients
1 cup salted butter, softened
1 1/2 cups white sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 cup brewed strong coffee or espresso
1 tablespoon coffee liqueur
2 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup cocoa powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup white chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add in coffee and coffee liqueur and beat until combined.
Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl and combine with a dry whisk. Stir into the butter mixture with a rubber spatula until blended. Mix in the chips and walnuts. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or just until set. Cool slightly on the cookie sheets before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.


No comments:

Post a Comment